maandag 12 november 2018

St. Olaf Choir - "His Light In Us" - Kim André Arnesen God’s distant call, Flares in the night





God’s distant call

Flares in the night,

So long expected, so longed for;

And all my life,

Christ called my name,

And now at last, I’ll answer Him.



Refrain:

Renewed, his hope,

His light in us,

Incarnate, fragile,

Our Lord appears,

Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia!

Eternal,

So perfect,

His cry of changeless love.



Alive, awake,

His call is here:

It is the crying of the Child;

I know Christ’s call,

Its hidden flame,

It makes my spirit flare with hope!



Refrain



This root, this stem, this flowering Love,

This mustard seed, it grows to the greatest tree,

The birds of souls have nested there.

The light of the night

Now blazes at dawn!



You’ve lead me here,

O little child,

Your being singing with God’s life.

The kingdom sings,

It choirs with earth,

All creation lives Christ’s peace.



Refrain